Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wi-Fi Enabled Webcam Research

The last time I visited my lecturer, he requested that I reaserched webcameras that are Wi-fi technology compactable. Specifically, he adviced me to search the phrase " Wi-fi enabled web cams" into the Google.com search engine.

The results as of then wasn't that promising as the main part I need to commence the project exceeds my budget. I took some time away to think about what I want and went on to reaserch again, but this time, using several different search phrase from the first one used. I came up with a much better result and prices but still need to decide which one suits my project the most. Some of these search phrases are: "built in wi-fi cameras", "build a wi-fi robot", and "wi-fi web cameras".

The goal here is to find a webcam with built in Wi-fi technology. This will allow data from the camera, be transmitted to another computer over the internet. It means the webcam will require no connection to a computer of its own in order to transmit data over the internet.

Below are links to some of the websites that are useful in at this point of my research. They are:

Active Robots: Robotics & Electronics Technology
Surveyor Corperation: Blackfin Camera Board
Surveyor Corperation: Blackfin Robot
Sparkfun Electronics: ALFATxp Development System
Wi-Fi Webcams: More about Wireless Webcams
How to Set up a Wi-Fi Webcam

I will visit my lecturer again to decide on my next step which should include which webcam best suits my need.

No comments: